Friday, February 15, 2008

21 Months and 21 Minutes


Today is our 21 Month LID "Anniversary"...steadily creeping toward the 2 Year Mark.

Yesterday was Valentines Day. It was a day that Cupid decided to shoot U-S-C-I-S in the heart - and we felt the love.


Bracing ourselves for a long-ass wait to get re-fingerprinted (we were there for hours last time), jzboy and I both took the day off and enjoyed a leisurely and decadent breakfast (at this place) before getting in line. We dragged our feet a little but eventually arrived at the insititution with reading/writing/listening materials in our pockets.

Immediately we were greeted by the comedian receptionist guy who looked at us suspiciously. "You two look like US Citizens", he demurred. We explained. He nodded. We were given numbers #500 & 501 then waved through to the next level.


Thankfully the federal workers swapped out the cloying Celine Dion in Concert vid for something with Steve Martin. The new selection was an english version with, of course, english subtitles. After about 10 minutes, we were asked to sit in line with our backs to the screen. Ah well...I guess we could still listen.


It must have been Cupids Arrow because the Biometrics team was all smiles, wearing Valentinesy beads and had a gentle touch when pressing hands to fingerprinting screens. Maybe it was a little romantic in a way. I'll have to think on that. But whatever it was, it moved me to writing some glowing feedback for the group before I decended the 2nd floor workspace. Livescanning was just a walk in the park this go around and for that I was very grateful.

We were out of there in 21 minutes and off to enjoy the rest of our Valentines Day just the way we wanted.


Thanks Cupid.

13 comments:

Rhonda said...

Awesome! Happy belated VD.

walternatives said...

Kudos, USCIS! Your post reminds me of a trip to the library a couple days ago. There was a darling little boy and his mother at the check-out desk. I was next in line. The boy was about 3 years old, with a head full of blond curls and an impish grin. He was shooting an imaginary arrow at me; I shot back. We did this several times, then I was called to the desk, next to them. He mother looked down and saw her son aiming and firing yet another arrow at me. She said "He's doing his Cupid." I nearly fell over - too cute.

I'm glad that you and jzboy had such a pleasant Valentine's Day.

M3 said...

21 minutes?! Now that is a rockin' VDay. Whoohooo.

kitchu said...

Must be good luck to do govt busyness on Vday... glad for you guys! And happy 21!!

OH MY #6 said...

your getting there!

Lea

Joannah said...

Good, good!

I'm glad you were able to spend your Valentine's Day doing something other than waiting around at USCIS.

FDChief said...

Ahhh, my dahling...but in ze light of ze biometric comptrometer you are not just a woman...you are a goddess! Press my fingaires to ze photogrammetric platen of love, my wild radish..!

Lili said...

You are 21! Aren't you glad you can drink now!?!? Sounds like you had a GREAT day! -Lili

Laura said...

Happy Belated Valentines Day!
hugs

atomic mama said...

How did I miss this post?? Happy 21 - you're legal now! We're off for new fprints soon, too. I can only hope there is some Steve Martin to look forward to...

4D said...

21 done & Happy Love Day!

Keep smilin!

Irena said...

Hi! Just catching up... What am I missing? Should I get re-fingerprinted soon?

Jessi said...

Our second trip was so much easier and faster too! Glad it wasn't so bad and that you had a nice Valentine's Day.