Monday, April 30, 2007
The other day I realized that sometimes I post on a "thing" and then just never get back to it. Sometimes people ask questions in the comments section that I never get back to and from time to time my own thoughts turn back to those questions or to the "thing" I mentioned earlier - but usually it never seems significant enough for its own, secondary post. It also feels a little disjointed to add a P.S. to the end of an unrelated post tracking back to the other.
Make sense? Anyone else feel me on this??
Anyway, here are a couple of bullet points that, at least for me, will tie up some loose ends from days gone by....with hyperlinks taking you to those places if you so choose.
* I LOVED the Kite Runner. Loved-loved-loved-loved it! Loved it on so many levels. It was wonderful to hear a story about boys/men and their emotional lives and I appreciated the opportunity to explore the many facets of the Afghan experience and culture. Reading the novel has motivated me to learn more and reminded me of how sequestered I feel at times as an American.
* As hard as it was to play that last cd of The Kite Runner - I have now begun another 10 cd novel...The Good Earth. And, I'm in love again. How I never read this book as an English minor in college and an AP English student in high school is a mystery to me. Thank goodness for these free-library-cd-books as they have made a huge impact upon my difficult daily commute.
* Regarding my UFO yarn projects. The "Whisper" pinkish lacy shawl...back down the tubes. Bummer, man. I can't seem to get the increases right. I'm just going to have to find something easier. Any suggestions?
* Remember the bear I was knitting back in, uh, September? Still missing one arm. The other UFO's? Still waiting for their leader.
* Thanks for the compliments on the shoes that I posted about Saturday. They actually are very comfortable. Believe it or not, they are made by Dr. Scholls. Good news is that they are currently on sale AND they come in red!!
* I was so surprised by how many people either had or were running out to pick up the Vanilla Chai deoderant. Personally, I thought that it was/is a little on the odd side. Smells a'ight, I suppose, but I am very picky in this department. You see, they seemed to have discontinued my favorite deoderant that I've used for YEARS, and you know how difficult something like that is to replace.
Vanilla Chai? - ok, but not a replacement. (sigh) Definitely not lickable.
* I am humbled to have been nominated for the elusive "Thinking Blogger Award". Humbled b/c Rhonda, one of my Super Cool Maple Leaf friends thought that I deserved the honor. Thanks, Rhonda!! Then, I had some other thoughts after reading C1's comments about the "award". She points out that it is a creative way for this random guy to get a bunch of blog traffic. That is, if you "link" to his "site".
Personally, I don't like the image used for the "award" button:
The oversized, radioactive head reminds me of the Wizard Head:
And, that kinda creeps me out.
So, I plan to "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain", and not link up, not add to, and not play along...except to thank you, again, Rhonda for the compliment. I do appreciate others listing fave blogs, though, because now I've added a few new ones to my list.
* Finally, here is a question for you savvy blogger types. How come all of the pics of my autographs from my Nick Cage & I Go Way Back post disappeared?? Is it possible that they wiped em' off because of, I don't know, privacy issues or something?? What a trip.
Ok, bulleting over.
Whew! I'm feeling better already.