Thursday, May 29, 2008

A Very Cute Reason to Baby-Proof the Casa

Introducing the newest "Z".....Wee Peyton-Pea:


Saturday just can't get here fast enough - we met him last weekend, but needed some time to feel certain about our decision. And, to baby proof!

Our boy is just about 2 months and very, very sweet. A real purring lover-lou. It will be so lovely to have him here. I hope. We still worry a bit about how Iris will respond, but I finally decided that at some point in time there will be an actual human child here at the house whom we will all have to transition our lives around...why not start with Peyton?

So there.

I've been visiting everyone's blogs, but trying to hold a healthy distance from the adoption circuit on some level. It can be a real challenge to balance for me sometimes. July will mark 2 years of the buttercup blog - so, if you've been following along, you know about one of my frequent coping strategies. Sewing.

Here are pics of my latest etsy project - The Spirit of 76' Owls.

Sweet Baby James:


Rooster the Owl:


and, Mandy:


Please click on the corresponding name-links above to see more pics and to read my nostalgia-laced owlish descriptions! C'mon, humor me. I'm having a lot of fun with my creative outlet and a couple of my campy little items have made it into the etsy gift guides. That was pretty darn cool to see.

I've got some new ideas that I'm working on, but I have a feeling that a small furry kitcat is about to take over the place & wonder how much trouble Peyton will create with my sewing supplies? More pictures to come and stories about our recent visit to the Big Apple - God I love that place.

xo

28 comments:

HuluMama said...

What a cutie pie PZ is!!! Love the new owls esp Sweet Baby James.

Red Sand said...

Kitty is gorgeous, and I always love to see what you are going to create next. Enjoy the purrs and ignore the scratches.

Cavatica said...

OMG - look at those eyes and those too-big-ears! My boy, Nicholas, had huge ears when he was a kitten. I love that. They are still a little big, but he's huge now. Hope Iris adjusts!

Katie J said...

What a sweet kitty! I was so glad to see a post from you and then the kitty and the owls? Yippee!

Can't wait to hear about NYC!

As far as coping goes, do whatever you need to do. It's ok. That wait is a bitch and however you can keep it from eating you alive, do it.

Big hugs from across the pond.

Kayce said...

Congratulations!! What a cutie pie!

kitchu said...

Oh my gosh Peyton is a cutie!! And your talent always amazes me :)

4D said...

Congrats! He is so pretty.

Keep smilin!

walternatives said...

Congratulations on the new arrival; he's adorable!

Mamacita said...

Peyton is adorable! He looks just like Skippy Jon Jones!

C's Mom said...

Very cute owls and heartbreakingly adorable Peyton!

Love that little one!

DND said...

What an adorable little guy.

Joannah said...

He's a cutie! Kittens are so much fun to play with. Enjoy!

Project Ni Hao said...

Awwww, cute little guy!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Congrats and welcome to baby P! He's such a beautiful boy, and I know Iris will be fine.

(((HUGS)))

K said...

Oooh, he's so cute! Kittens are so wonderful and cats are even better. I hope he and Iris become friends.

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I want the cat I am telling you... to cute... oh the owls are nice... but PLLLLLEEAAASSEE... let me have the cat...

Pink Velvet Mommy said...

Ohhhhhhh, I love Peyton, purrrr and all:) I know you must be so excited, and I can't wait to meet kitty and Iris.

Love the owls too:0 WHOO WHOO

OH MY #6 said...

I hear you on the healthy distance. What are you doing instead? all this creative sewing? It is just awesome.

Miss you though!

Lea
xo

Shannon said...

Welcome to your new sweetie! Very handsome. Keep us updated on how Iris and Peyton get along. =)

Moonchild Dancing! said...

So cute! Is that a little siamese kitten?

Your owls are adorable! I love the one with the plaid heart. :) So cute. Have fun!!

Diamond Girl said...

I'm so happy that you are going through with the kitten addition to the family. He is precious! I think you need to make him his own little owl!

Operationtigerlily said...

Your new sweetheart is beautiful. His eyes are like the ocean. Can't wait to hear the new kitty stories. Fill us in on how he adjusts to his new home.

Laura said...

What an adorable kitty!!! My neighbor just got 2 and they are cute as can be! I wish I wasn't allergic to them, I get hives from holding them, but can't resist!

Hang in there sweety, your time will come

biggest hugs

JMCS said...

Peyton Pea is a sweetie pie! Congratulations. I really love your owls too! Hope you guys are doing great.

Hugs,
Jonni

FDChief said...

What a sweet kitty!

I think he shuld get along with Iris. My family always had multiple cats when I was a kid and the male-female pairs seemed to rub along. Two tabbies often fought and two toms? Watch out! But I hope they're good and that Iris will show him how to get along.

Jen said...

oooooh cuteness factor is so high!!! Congrats.

Missing you tons!

-jen

Linda Dove said...

What a sweet, lovely face he has. Also, love the name Peyton for him!

Liene said...

Your new kitty looks almost identical to the Siamese I had growing up. He is absolutely gorgeous!!!!

I would love to have another cat but 4 pets would be too much of a zoo especially since we're moving in the next 6 months.

I'll just have to enjoy your new little guy!!!