Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sealed with a Kiss

I had a bit of help...


putting together a care package for our buttercup.

I cut and I pasted...I researched and I shopped.

It was so much fun choosing and sewing for a girl that now has a face and a name. Here is what I enclosed in a crimson red box Guangdong bound, to our cupcake girl:


Three hand-adorned onesies, a pair of yoga pants to match, a tiny all-American photo album with photos of our nearest & dearest for buttercup, California-made candies for her caretakers, a brilliant teether toy, a mama-made buttercup yellow "tiny wee hoot" and a lightweight waffle weave blanket - perfect for the hot weather in the area where our girl is currently living.

And, Rainbow Socks!


Everything is wrapped up for the mail tomorrow.


And, totally Sealed with a Kiss.

Many kisses.

17 comments:

Brenda said...

I am so filled with joy reading the worlds "our girl" - and I know it doesn't even approach your own joy! What a wonderful idea. I love these vivid, buttercupbloom approved colors. xoxo

K said...

Isn't sewing for your daughter just the very best kind of sewing!?

I like your adorned onesies and the owl.

allie said...

Oh Wendy, this post made me tear up! I am so happy for you - and I'm sure your buttercup will be overflowing with happiness when she receives this box of goodies from her two new favorite people! What a lucky little girl she is to have you both as her mom and dad. *dances with joy*

Amy said...

MUSTARD (ish) OWL! :D
I'm so giddy with happiness for you, this is the most amazing exciting thing ever, ever.
xox

HuluMama said...

So glad the kitty approved the size of the box for you!
SWAK The perfect gift from Mommy and Daddy.

Pink Velvet Mommy said...

Dude that is what I call the fastest care pkg in the history of china adoption!!!

Absolutely adorable! That little hoo owl is one of your cutest I think:). The onesies are darling.

Yay for sweet baby girl!!

Project Ni Hao said...

Ohh, the rainbow socks! Yay!

Special K said...

Buttercup will love it!

Katie J said...

That owl will steal her heart until her mama and baba get there. I remember doing this for Z and it felt so good. Congratulations!

Kayce said...

Oh buttercup is going to LURVE it all! I'm sure the trip to the post office was one of many dreams fulfilled! :)

walternatives said...

Fantastic care package. I'm especially smitten with the onesies, Momma. Brava!

Red Chair said...

This is wonderful news! And what a beautiful package to send! I love the kitty, too . . . .

FDChief said...

That is so sweet. That little girl will be all wrapped up in love!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

We got all our stuff back that we sent... we went through Ann of Red Threads... I wanted to give Shauna her 'personal' stuff myself... we got the camera back... full of photos... though a few of Shauna and the orphanage... the blanket etc so excited for your Yangxi girl

Shannon said...

Been thinking of you and your lovely little girl! What lovely gifties she and her nannies have recieved!

dreamer said...

Man I'm so happy to see things coming together.

You guys really put the 'care' into a care package. Beautiful.

Amy said...

I am so full of joy for you, absolutely giddy!! xo