Monday, September 25, 2006

Thank you to my dear Secret Pal.


These gifts are so thoughtful and welcome. The "I Love You Like Crazy Cakes" book inspired my mother to read it to her church Sunday School group. It moved her and it moved me. Thank you for that.

The Einstein Baby Blocks? Well, those things are just crazy.

Iris loved them. She worked her hardest to "free" the duckie-that-quacks-inside-the-yellow-block. I wish that I could attach a video sound bite of Iris trying to free the duckie "quack-quackin". Much to her dismay - all she got from her efforts was a whole lot of laughs from her momma. Jzboy was a bit upset because she snagged the block a bit.

Those insulater cups are hard to resist. We so want to try them out. At next weekends picnic - at tomorrow's lunch. How will we know if they work or not otherwise? But, they-must-stay-inside-the-package-until-they-are-needed.

Thank you so much for the wonderful gifts, Secret Pal O' Mine. We love seeing your thoughtful offerings each and every month. We love to think that - whoa - someday soon we will really need this stuff.

9 comments:

Katie J said...

What a great package. 'Crazycakes' is one of Buttons faves.

C's Mom said...

Nice goodies! Poor Iris, frustrated by the duckie.

That book was one of the first I bought for Jadyn. Love it.

Anonymous said...

Wendy,

LOVE the great gifts you received. How thoughtful! Not too much longer until you can use them.

NatD said...

How sweet! Surprise gifts are always the best!

4D said...

Those are great gifts! Crazy cakes is a must have.

Keep smilin!

Anonymous said...

Cool gifts. Very cool.

Jen said...

That cracks me up, imagining your little Iris playing with buttercup's toy. Do you think this is a predictor of future behavior? I'm guessing so. I think you'll be getting lots of laughs when your little one is here. Hide the toys! :)

I got that same book from my secret pal this month too. What a treasure. Someday we'll be reading it to our little girls. Imagine!

Mrs Pushy said...

Come on... try out the cups! You know you want to! Who will know...

Unknown said...

OK. How do you get a secret pal?? Sounds like a lot of fun. Of course I'm not really IN the same boat as you and I'm assuming that's a prerequisite (0:

Baby Einstein stuff is fascinating to me. My friend's daughter loves her blocks, both playing and throwing!!!!!