Monday, August 28, 2006

You Make Me Feel Like Dancin'


Keeping with the nostalgia theme of late, may I remind you of this lovely little tune by Leo Sayer?

Well I heard it yesterday & it put such a lift in my step. Friday was a real low point for me what with the short list of referrals this month and the subsequent pity party. I am learning quickly that this process is full of highs and lows.

Back on a bit of a high now, so that's good. This weekend I got to spend some real quality time with some other adoptive parents and a few that are waiting just like us. Having others validate and normalize your feelings can do wonders. And, looking into a happy baby girls face while hearing stories of her adoption day from Mom and Dad has amazing medicinal effects for the soul.

This doesn't hurt either...it is Mary Mia and Rod's Referral Day and they just got "THE CALL". Those guys are generously sharing their special experience with scads of people in Blog-land.

Thanks you two - your amazing story and happy ending gives us all hope.

Now, let's git up & dance.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm gunna dance the night away.

C's Mom said...

Dancin with the paint roller here ;0)

I just about choked on cheese when I saw M3 and Rod's news. Ain't that the most awesome thing evah?!?!?!?

melody said...

How cool is that? the Salsa twins were born on my birthday! Our turn will come....

M3 said...

Twins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy moly. Unbelievable.

(Did you see your beautiful flowers on the table when we took "the call"?)

Tamara said...

Glad you are enjoying a high again- surely things will speed up soon- I'm optimistic. I will soon be dancin through the Target baby section filling my cart full of baby stuff as soon as I get that wayward referral! BTW- I did get a migraine come to think of it !

Tammy said...

Boy, you sure are nostalgic. That song is a blast from the past - it make me want to feather my hair.

Gonna go get my groove on....